Spending time in Buffalo would make anyone a bit edgy, but as a hockey player, this story makes total sense to me:
Associated Press, January 6, 2011 - CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. –
An unruly Team Russia was booted from a flight at the Buffalo airport while trying to get home after winning the gold medal at the world junior hockey championships.
Airport spokesman C. Douglas Hartmayer says all 32 or so members of the Russian contingent were asked to get off a Delta flight headed to Atlanta after boarding for takeoff early Thursday morning.
Hartmayer says the group then left the terminal but didn't know where it went.
Tournament officials had no immediate comment. A call to a Delta spokeswoman wasn't immediately returned.
Russia overcame a three-goal deficit in the third period to stun Canada 5-3 in the gold-medal game Wednesday night.
So which event will happen first?:
· Russian players are found.
· Delta returns the phone call.
· Flight attendants submit work comp claim for emotional distress and loss of consortium.
· Canadian players are shipped to the Yukon for 10 years hard labor.
· Stolichnaya Vodka inks the team to an endorsement deal.
I turned off the game in the 2nd period when Team Canada was winning 3-0, but the game is being replayed on NHL Network later this week. Looking forward to seeing it.