Wednesday, October 20, 2010

On Writing


Over the years, I have read many books and articles on the subject of writing (I recommend Stephen King’s On Writing in particular), and there is one common piece of advice that connects them all:

Write when you don’t feel like writing, and especially when you don’t feel like writing.  So that’s what I am doing now.

Of course, this must be a disappointing admission to you, the loyal reader, that I have nothing to say and no desire right now to say it.  It doesn’t build a compelling case for you to continue spending time with me.  Suddenly, those banner ads and annoying pop-ups are looking pretty interesting as alternatives.  Perhaps a CSI re-run is on…

I can’t blame you, but I will thank you.  If you’ve read this far, I must have said something in the past that made you smile, made you angry, or just made you think.  Good.

As my kids like to say, “Ha ha, made you look!”

No comments:

Post a Comment