Saturday, September 11, 2010

Coiffure Du Jour


I was unfaithful before our family vacation, and I’m feeling a little funny about it. I didn’t plan it that way, but events conspired, and I was desperate.

I needed to see my regular girl to feel fully prepared prior to our family trip to the beach.  I needed something just for me, something to give me that inner confidence, that inner peace.  Approximately every 6 weeks or so, I’d go to her for service, sometimes more frequently during the hot summer months.  I wrongly assumed that she would be available for me on short notice, as she had been for the past 7 years or so.    I guess I took her for granted.  She was never the best, but she was consistent, and I trusted her.  To be completely honest, price was always a factor – she was cheap, and so am I.

When I learned that she wasn’t available, I was in a panic.  I needed help, and fast.  Believe it or not, my wife suggested someone who could take care of me on short notice.  She knew that I wouldn’t be relaxed on vacation if I didn’t get this taken care of, and she certainly didn’t want me cruising a seaside resort for an alternative solution.  So I accepted her suggestion, and went to visit Anh.

I was nervous, but Anh had a great smile that put me instantly at ease.  She asked questions about what I wanted.  Her approach was methodical.  She was attentive and talkative throughout the session.  She was sometimes hard to understand, but as long as she got the job done, it didn’t really matter.  I watched her closely in the mirror, making sure that she didn’t get distracted and make any careless mistakes.  When I made gentle suggestions, she listened and responded.  She took her time, and made me feel like I was her only customer.  I have to admit, sometimes I feel like I am being rushed, but not this time.  To finish me off, she kindly asked if I preferred the foam or the gel.  I thought she was a bit heavy on the gel, but whatever – it was her first time, so I can’t be hypercritical.

The big dilemma is what to do next.  6 weeks goes by fast, and I will have a decision to make.  This would be so much easier if I could get this done at home, but let’s face it.  If you want it done right, you need a professional.

I wish my hair didn’t grow so fast.

2 comments:

  1. That punch line would be more effective without the scissors graphic. I enjoyed it nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to see the scissors, otherwise I would be quite in a panic myself. aka spouse

    ReplyDelete