Monday, April 12, 2010

Tiger in the Tank

Tiger Woods lost the Masters. Now we can get back to the 24 hour news feed covering his personal life. Oh no.

I am a Tiger Woods, the golfer phenom, fan. If he is in contention on Sunday, I tune in and I get my kids to watch with me. If he isn't playing in a tournament, I do not watch. Apparently, this makes me like most Americans. Unlike most Americans, however, I could care less about his personal life.

While many have blamed Tiger, rightly so, for his poor personal behavior and even worse example he has set, that blame does not compare to the blame I place on the media that is profiting from his immoral behavior. I blame People magazine and the people who buy it because Tiger's hookers are on the cover. I blame the E! Network, and its glorification of his mistresses and unquenchable search for perverse details of his secret encounters. I blame our addiction to voyeurism.

Perhaps we as a nation need to go into rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment